Friday, October 3, 2014

Roasted Brussel Sprouts

This is the only way I can get my kids to eat   Sprouts

2 lbs of Brussel Sprouts, cleaned and stems removed
 (I get the kind you can steam in the bag - they are already cleaned)
2 T Olive Oil
Rosemary and garlic seasoning mix to tasted - about 2-3 tablespoons

Place Brussel sprouts in a 1 gal zip close bag. Pour olive oil in bag. Shake well. Add seasoning and shake well again making sure seasoning is well distributed.  Pour onto ungreased baking sheet.  Cook on 375 on top rack for 20 minutes until crisp.

Servings per recipe: 6
Serving size: about 1 cup
Calories per serving: 75

You can change up the seasoning to anything you want. Most seasonings do not change the calorie count so get creative. I like to add spice to it with pepper flakes or blackened seasonings. 
Sometimes I add more seasoning after putting the Brussel sprouts on the pan for more flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment