Monday, October 24, 2016

Latest update from the Nettles

So, it's been awhile since I've been on my blog. Busy year. Adjusting to the new place, new job, 2 in college now (still not used to that). Lots of changes in the Nettles' household. We have not been dieting or eating like we should. We did collectively lose 236 pounds before we stopped being so dedicated to eating right. The move, surgery for Royce, thyroid problems for me and back issues for Joe kind of got us off track.  Some of us kept off the weight, some of us gained but all have evened out now and are pretty much maintaining.  Some of us would still like to lose a little but haven't found the will power to be so dedicated with all the changes that have taken place.

Anyway, I've decided to change the focus of the blog to recipes for a crowd.  We provide the meal every Wednesday night after our church service so I have had to be creative and cook for a crowd (more than my normal crowd that is).  I plan and cook a meal for 25-30 people each week. We don't always have that many but I'm old school and was always taught "better to have to much than not enough."

I plan to start posting once a week some of the meals we have at our Wednesday night meetings with recipes and maybe pictures if I can remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment