Thursday, April 11, 2013

Spicy Buffalo Cauliflower Bites

Again we have found another recipe for cauliflower and we love it. I've made it a few times. I think my son could eat it every day (he loves spicy). Pics will come soon. My editor (aka my 12 y/o daughter Audrey) will up load them soon. And again we have SkinnyTaste to thank for this one http://www.skinnytaste.com/2013/01/spicy-buffalo-cauliflower-bites.html

Spicy Buffalo Cauliflower Bites

2 heads Cauliflower (cut into med-small pieces)
1 cup water
1 cup plain flour*
2 tsp garlic powder
1 cup Franks Hot Sauce**
1 Tbl butter

Combine water, flour and garlic in a bowl and mix well. Pour over cauliflower and coat well.
Place on baking dish greased with olive oil spray.  Bake at 450 degrees for 20 minutes.

While cauliflower is baking heat butter and hot sauce in sauce pan until butter is melted. Pour over the baked cauliflower and bake for another 5 minutes.

*For gluten free use cornstarch
**For calories sake it must be Franks Hot sauce (0 calories) - If you use buffalo sauce you will have to adjust the calories

Serving per recipe: about 6
Serving size: about 1 cup
Calories per serving: 120

Enjoy.  My husband said next time I make it he wants me to use Hoisin sauce.  I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment